Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Slothing

Can sloth be made into a verb like slothing? That's what I was doing today. Oh I got 3 loads of laundry washed, and 8 loads folded. I balanced the checkbook. I got e-mails and duties caught up. I unloaded and loaded the dishwasher. I watched my dear goddaughter for a while.

But

I

am

slothing,

aka

feeling

very

slothful.

Maybe it's the dreary, rainy fall day. Maybe it's the feeling of lonliness that set in today for no apparent reason. (I'm always amazed one can feel lonely in the midst of people.) Maybe it was the ordinariness of the day......constant fighting with myself not to seek excitement anywhere other than God.

For the most part in that way it was a successful day. Nothing like a little fasting and abstinence in some way to remind the self that there is more to life than this one.....that there is HOPE coming, even if the time of it is uncertain.

I think heaven will be no more fighting against the tendency towards discontentment of the heart. Self will be put in its place in heaven.

How far is it, anyway???

No comments: