Saturday, August 18, 2007

Why It Matters

We all need to remind ourselves of the epic story of the God of the universe and his love for us. Sometimes we forget, you know? Well, I don't forget, really. Just sometimes the storyline ends up more like background music in my life rather than a crescendo.

This song by Sara Groves always reminds me of that. And our need to tell each other the story. Over and over. Put your poet hats on. I'll try to change the music playing in my blog for a couple of days so you can appreciate it fully, too.

"Why It Matters"

Sit with me and tell me once again of the story that's been told us,
Of the power that will hold us,
Of the beauty, of the beauty.....
Why it matters.

Speak to me until I understand why our thinking and creating,
And why our efforts of narrating about the beauty, of the beauty.....
Why it matters.

Like a statue in the park of this war-torn town,
And it's protest of the darkness and this chaos all around,
With its beauty.....
How it matters, how it matters.

Show me a love that never fails--
Some compassion and attention
Midst confusion and dissension--
Like small ramparts for the soul.....
How it matters.

Like a single cup of water.....
How it matters.

No comments: