Friday, August 17, 2007

Hit me on the head with a frying pan

Anyone else struggle with a battle of the wills? With yourself, that is? Sometimes I get tired of the strength of my will wanting something that I shouldn't have or can't have. Grrrrr. What does St. Paul say?--"No, I drive my body and train it, for fear that, after having preached to others, I myself should be disqualified." (1 Cor. 9:27)

(whiny voice here:) but it's sooooo much work! Whhhhyyyy do I have to do this alllllll of the tiiiiiiime?? I'm tiiiiiiired. Can't I have this just this once?? But I wan't it nowwww! (Remember Veruca from Willie Wonka??)

Sigh. Sigh, sigh, sigh, sigh.

But I don't want to be disqualified from the race. So as tempting as a side course is, I press on to the finish. Grumbling as I go, maybe, but still pressing on with the desire to hear at the end, "Well done good and faithful servant."

And if I can press on, so can you.

No comments: