Friday, February 22, 2008

What Adventure Awaits Me Today?

Here is the morning offering prayer I pray every morning:

Lord, I do not know what will happen to me today. I only know nothing will happen that was not foreseen by you or directed to my greater good for all of eternity. I adore your holy and unfathomable plans, and submit to them with all my heart out of love for you, the Pope, and the immaculate heart of Mary.

I'm a morning person. The start of a new day excites me--who will I meet? what will happen? what new things will I learn about myself or God? will my life be forever different at the end of this day? how will things change? how will they stay the same? will I make good decisions? will I succeed at fighting laziness and lack of motivation?

I know one day there will be a day that I wished had never happened--the death of one dear to me, I imagine. That doesn't excite me. I dread that actually.

But something about the fact of change and movement through life is the interesting part--that I will be a different person at the end of this day than I am now.

Lord, may my actions and my words be glorifying to you. May I not deny you in ways large or small.

No comments: